The “Major Cities of Europe” conference is a pan-European event that takes place annually in a different city of Europe and represents a unique opportunity for participants to engage together with their peers in innovation in Local Government.
Distinguished speakers from all Europe and worldwide have the opportunity to present the latest ICT innovations in their Cities and to share strategies, projects, successes and also international and local experiences.
This year, the conference with the golden thread: “From Chaos to Cosmos – Innovative Communities, Places and Cities”, was hosted by the Larissa Municipality from November 2 to 4, 2022 at the Municipal Art Gallery and focused on the below topics:
- Building from the learnings of Covid
- Becoming digital by design
- Platforms and data for cities
- Empowering citizens and civil servants
- Creating Smart Places for Smart Living and Tourism
- 100 Climate Neutral Cities, EU Mission
- Breaking barriers between health and social care
- Becoming resilient and secure in the real and cyber worlds
- Special sessions of our communities focused on Cybersecurity and European projects
The BeSecure-FeelSecure (BSFS) project manager and IT Director of the Municipality of Piraeus, Mr. Michael Βourmpos represented the project and the city of Piraeus in the event by participating in the session “Platforms and data for Cities”.
In his presentation “Platforms and data in the City of Piraeus”, Mr. Bourmpos presented the BSFS initiative and one of its key elements the Collaborative Urban Risk Management Platform – “CURiM” , which already has its place at Piraeus’s Security Operation Center.
CURiM is a digital platform that collects and enables the assessment of physical and cyber threats. Local urban security stakeholders will use the generated information towards decision-making for the prevention of crime and delinquency.